Wednesday 23 May 2012



Nosferatu

Number 244


Day 21


Number 244 was the 1922 silent film Nosferatu . This is about the Bram Stokers novel Dracula, one of the first ever made. This was my first ever silent film i had  seen. I think i was more entertained on watching a silent movie and how its made, than the content of the film its self. This film is 90 years old this year and was like been in a time machine watching it . I kept thinking my great grand father could have gone to see this film , even though i don't think there would have been a picture house in doneraile in 1922. My mind kept wondering what life was like back then and apart from getting in a delorean i think this was my best bet

I guess its not a good sign that i was thinking what life was like back then instead of been enthralled into the film its self. It started good enough but second half was draw out and the ending was very flat. However  it was amazingly scary , not very scary but scary enough considering there no talking in it and they did not have fancy SFX. the Score was very eerie and the way Dracula moved around was very well done. I would say watching this back in 1922 , you would be scared shitless. however has it stood the test of time ? not really it is 90 years old after all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment